Canon printers are worth appreciation as they come with great features and offer excellent print quality, but a Canon printer may often malfunction when there is an issue with it. One of the most annoying issues on a Canon printer is a cartridge issue. If there is an issue with the ink cartridges, your Canon printer will print faded prints. If you face any issue with ink cartridges on your Canon printer, the article is for you. We have mentioned the methods to sort out the problem in the article. By following the methods explained below, anyone can put their printer back to its previous working state. Let’s get started and learn the methods to fix it.
The Primary Causes for the Ink Cartridge Issues
If you face ink cartridge issues on your Canon printer, you need to find out the reasons behind these. Unless you do not know the exact reason behind an issue, you won’t be able to fix it. We have described the whole process to get rid of the issue in some easy steps. Before you process further and start fixing the above-mentioned issue, let’s take a look at the causes. Read below.
- If the cartridges are not installed correctly, one may face an issue with their Canon printer.
- Ensure that you use genuine ink cartridges as the use of cheap and third-party ink cartridges may put your printer’s life at risk.
- You need to install the ink cartridges.
- If the metal contacts are dirty, a Canon printer user may face a cartridge issue on their printer.
- Make sure that the ink cartridges installed on your Canon printer have sufficient ink. The low ink level is the reason behind the occurrence of cartridge issues.
Note: Before a Canon printer user tries to fix an issue with their printer, they should first know the reasons behind the problem. We have mentioned several common causes behind the cartridge issues above. We will now take a glance at the methods to rectify these issues.
When a Canon printer user installs the cartridges incorrectly, several problems can affect the printing jobs. Here is how you can get rid of the cartridge issue by following the instructions mentioned below:
- First, place your printer in a safe and secure location.
- Keep in mind that the place should be dry and cool.
- Before placing your Canon printer, make sure that you detach all the wires as they may get entangled and damaged.
- Now, you need to open the printer cover that encloses the ink cartridges.
- After opening it, pull the ink cartridges out of your Canon printer.
- Check if the ink in the ink cartridges has not dried up.
- Make sure that the installed cartridges belong to Canon.
- If they belong to the third-party manufacturer, replace them with the ink cartridges manufactured by Canon.
- Reinstall them properly so that the ink cartridges sit in the proper position.
- Close the cover and then turn on your Canon printer to check if the issue is fixed.
- If the issue does not come to an end, you can try out the second method below.
In some cases, your Canon printer may print faded or faint pages. The cause for the issue is faulty ink cartridges. If your Canon printer has defective ink cartridges, you may face an issue with your Canon printer. We have described the complete procedure to get rid of such an annoying issue in quick and easy steps. Follow the instructions:
- Take a non-abrasive cloth or towel.
- You have to wipe the printer contacts as gently as possible.
- We ask you to avoid touching the contacts with your fingers.
- The next thing that you need to do is soak the printhead in the lukewarm water for at least 2 minutes.
- You are to blot the printhead with the non-abrasive cloth.
- Now, you need to reinstall the cartridges and perform the printer cleaning cycle.
- Doing the process as described above will fix the issue quickly and put the problem to an end.
Poor print quality occurs when there is an issue with your ink cartridges. Like the ones given above, we will try to fix the problem quickly. Follow the instructions in the same way as explained below:
- Place the Canon printer in a safe place.
- Open your Canon printer cover and check if there is debris lying in the ink cartridge carriage.
- To fix the issue, you can refer to the user’s manual that you received with your Canon printer.
- Run the cleaning cycle in the same way as described in the user’s manual.
- Going through the process will fix the issue.
Note: If you are not aware of the parts of your Canon printer and do not have technical knowledge, avoid taking risks. In such a situation, we ask you to call a Canon printer expert to sort out the issue for you.
The article contains effective methods to sort out the ink cartridge issues on Canon printers. Anyone can put these methods into action and get rid of cartridge issues in minutes. We hope the article is of great help to you.